Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Green City, Clean City: Dilli


Last night after a near heart in my mouth situation on VIP road where I got stalled in a traffic jam and was cursing myself on not having taken the Rajarhat Highway. Anyway made it to the airport in the nick of time and checked in my baggage and headed straight to board the aircraft.

IndiGo gets 5 Stars on my travel plans. This is the second time I'm travelling on the brand new Airbus A320 aircraft that they are using which are impeccable. The landings and take offs are without incident. I used to hate that thud of the wheels making contact on landing when I've flown other airlines. Not IndiGo. The Cabin Crew are very prim and proper and most of them quite pleasant to look at. Isn't it always a welcome sight to have a pretty girl attending to you or even if not attending to you, but you knowing that she is there to attend to you. Well not that I'm one for too much attention. If I'm not fast asleep (and alot of my colleagues envy me for that), then I'm glued to the window, or else like this time around, glued to a book.

Anyway landing at Delhi and as I stepped out while one of the flight attendants threw me a cute smile, I stopped on the Stairs and took a deep long breath, filling my lungs with the clean autumn air of Delhi. This city is definitely pollution free.

While driving back to my brother's place and noticing how fast work was progressing in the NCR on Malls, Buildings, flyovers et al, I noticed this city is nearly devout of pollution. No honking on the roads. How about that. In Kolkata that would be considered a handicap in your driving abilities.

Anyway the city was lit up for Diwali and we stayed up till 3 am chatting before realising that we had a long day ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date