Search This Blog

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Some Place Else & Orient Express

Last night we guys went out to Oasis on Park Street, which now seems to have become the more or less standard watering hole. We means Amrit, Kartik & I. We were joined by Kedar shortly after our first round. While we were engaging in stories and news that was travelling on the grapevine and the progress of our project, I managed to "baptize" Kedar's new lighter in a glass of water. Well I say baptize, because it worked just fine after i pulled it out of the glass it had been completely immersed in due to an accident while I was trying to reach for it across the table.

Anyway after all that, when we were finally done from there and headed out on the now buzzing and illuminated Park Street which more or less happens to be the heart of Kolkata's night life, Amrit egged us to drop into Some Place Else at the Park Hotel. Since we were in high spirits and it was just a hundred metres away, we jumped at the idea.

Once there, after the DJ had played a few Latino songs and set the mood for the Band to come on, we managed to get a round of drinks. Kartik bumped into a friend of his, which is not uncommon at Some Place Else. The band started playing good Latin kind of music and I wish there was room for some dancing.

I then bumped into Romi and Soutiman and decided to stay on after the rest of the gang left. Between the music, we couldn't help but be amused at people requesting Rock songs. Dudes it's Latino Music they're playing, Hullo!!

Anyway got home, and the climb up five floors didn't seem like much, could've gone another five. I guess I had a good time. Ahh the good news, the internet connection is back on.

So this morning, apart from the customary time spent with the newspaper and the novel that i'm trying to finish, I installed several communication software (read yahoo & msn Messenger) for my aunt and she got right to chatting with both my other aunts in the US & Canada. Baap re, they don't waste time at all when it comes to chatting. I did manage to install Google Earth too so that when she gets bored she can indulge in home spotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date