Search This Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Drive to Rajarhat

Last evening Jacob uncle called me and asked me if I could accompany him to his 'Baagaan Badi' in Rajarhat as he was having a pain in his back. Why not? I thought to myself. After all I had been hearing so much about it from the time I had got to Kolkata. So I got Rahul alsso to join us and the three of us loaded our stuff into the Tata Safari and headed out to Rajarhat.

On the way we stopped at SUBWAY in Sector IV, Salt Lake to pick up a couple of 6 inchers. Sector IV is the IT hub of the burgeoning industry which has taken the city's job opportunity by storm.

After going down the 6 lane highway, we overshot our turn, and had to back track to turn off the highway to a single lane winding road through a village. It was a good 3 km drive from the highway on a barely metalled road past paddy fields, scores of Mangoe groves, coconut trees, ponds and huts on stilts till we came to the baagaan badi.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date