Search This Blog

Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend Blues

I spent the entire weekend brooding I guess. And the best thing to do while booding is eat. So I treated myself to some fabulous food from Zeeshan - Chicken Biryani, Mutton Biryani, Paranthas, Chicken Rizala, Chicken Chaap, Malai Kofta and lots of Rosogollas. Ok that was Saturday Night.

Well the reason for the brooding was I finally gave my bike for repairs. When I took it there, I realised that the damage both to my bike and my pocket was more than I had anticipated. My Karizma had been dropped on both sides and the whole front was going to be changed. Other parts that needed to be changed were the handlebar, the silence shield, the side stand and the brake pedal. Man that kid really had a field day with my bike it seems.

Anyway the saving grace apart from the food was the music. I had downloaded a whole lot of stuff and I spent the weekend listening to them. First was Pink Floyd:
1. Wish You Were Here,
2. Dark Side of the Moon, and
3. The Wall.

Apart from that The Band:
1. The Band, and
2. The Best Of The Band.

I also managed to get three albums of Buffalo Springfield:
1. Buffalo Springfield,
2. Buffalo Springfield Again, and
3. Last Time Around.

So I decided if music was going to make me happy, I might as well play some myself too and thus strummed my guitar way into the night.

Sunday was some good breakfast made by your's truly. Fried Eggs, Chicken Sausages, Chicken Salami, baked Beans and Toast. This was followed by some Pulao and Chicken curry for lunch. Then I had tea with some great biscuits and stuff I had got from the shop around the corner.

In the evening I went to Salt Lake to a relative's place and averted a near mishap near Salt Lake Stadium on the EM bypass. I suddenly saw smoke rising from the front of the car and immediately pulled it to a side in that mayhem of traffic. Yeah right outside oneof the gates pf the Stadium. OK the commotion was because "Mr. Suroooor - Himesh Reshamiya" was performing there tonight. Anyway in that melee I pulled open the bonnet and smoke was billowing out of the front. I immediately emptied half the bottle of cold water I had in my hand on the radiator. That cooled the engine down, but still didn't reveal the problem. I started the car and made it to my relative’s place, where on further investigation, realised there was absolutely no coolant in the car. Wow! We were driving without coolant. No wonder teh car kept stoping. The engine was overheating and stopping at will.

I filled water as a makeshift remedy and after having a couple of Shingara (Samosas) and Shonpapri headed back home without much incident. I guess the car needs to go for servicing desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date