Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Night At ROXY


I was dying to party on Wednesday reminiscing my Turquoise days and as luck would have it, Dipankar called me and told me he was going to be in town in the evening. What a stroke of luck. So after office, drove down to ITC Sonar Bangla and picked him up.

On arrival at The Park, I bumped into Kartik and his friends hanging out in the lobby. We decided to go to Some Place Else because Hip Pocket was playing there. But on reaching there, a slight reshuffling had been done and they were going to be playing on Thursday. Some other band was playing there tonight. So we decided to chill out at Roxy which was just on the opposite side of the lobby. I had been to Roxy earlier, but I didn't quite like it. Too boring for my taste. Maybe the company wasn't good that time. Roxy, though it wasn't packing a full house, was playing some fine music. Kind of transported me back in time. Old disco, pop and rock classics from the 70's, 80's and 90's. The drinks kept flowing at the bar, where we had perched ourselves on the high bar stools. I was beginning to like this place, the music was just the right decibel and he could engage in some conversation without straining our vocal chords.

As the night progressed, Amrit and Denaz also turned up at Roxy with a couple of their friends. We finally decided to pack up, not before having a couple of laughs with the pretty hostesses, who suggested we should visit Aqua. So that is exactly what we did. A couple of flights up and through some narrow passages and voila! We were at Aqua, the poolside lounge bar. Amazing. The crowd wasn't really our type and we decided to skip another drinking session here. Some other day maybe.

1 comment:

  1. i've heard so much about aqua. please take your poor cousin there when she comes.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date