Search This Blog

Friday, November 17, 2006

People Have Too Much Time

This morning I was bored stiff and while I was waiting for Jaideep to pick me up, I indulged in some music. I realised how much fun Kunal Ganjawala's - Channa Vey sounds in the morning, add to that Bunty aur Bubbli, Bluffmaster and Saathiya, man I was all charged up to get to work and rock. Since I was all charged up and I had time on my hands, I decided to take some self potraits for this very blog. My own pictures seem to be the only thing lacking on this blog. I feel. Ok yes I have put on a few extra pounds, but then Kolkata as you'll have realised is a foodie's paradise.

Well when I came down, I just had to click pictures of the little flags which had been put up on the railing of the central verge. I had noticed these guys putting them up since morning. Some political thing that some political party hass called on today. Yeah the schools are closed today. I say what a national waste. If these Political Parties had anything better to do, they'd get down to some real work and make sure that West Bengal progresses at lightening speed to catch up to the rest of the metros around the country, rather than calling on bandhs and rally's and beating up people or keep the police occupied beating them.
This picture is from yesterday, just outside the HDFC Bank in Dlahousie. The point being, that I'm retiterating the fact that people here have nothing to do. So if some guy on the street side can grab their attention with some silly little toy or anything for that matter, a huge crowd would gather around and watch and listen. They'd forget where they were going, or why they were there. Just the crowd mentality. If there's a crowd, something must be going on. Most of them don't even know what, but they are gathered around. This could lead to them engaging in all sorts of discussions ranging from how the Americans put the first man on the moon to the rising costs of vegetables these days, or the rogue bus drivers on Kolkata's streets to Chidambaram’s budget. Man they have all that knowledge and yet are so damn dumb. Get on with it people. Apply that knowledge usefully at work, not on some streets side and see a sea of change coming over Kolkata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date