Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Action, not words

“Don’t say but do.” Exactly my dad’s words yesterday. I’d been telling him how I was putting on too much weight and how I needed to start some sort of exercise. So today after I got back from office I decided to actually start putting some meaning to the very words I had been using to epitomise the state of Bengal.

I had a cup of tea, got into my shorts, pulled on a t-shirt and my sneakers and headed out at 7.30pm, straight to the Park Circus Maidan. I spent the next hour circling the park, walking briskly. 4 rounds later I was quite exhausted yet elated. It takes about ten minutes once around the maidan. I also went to the gym in the maidan and enquired about their fees and timings. Yippie! it’s open till 10pm. I know what I’m going to be doing with my evenings now.

I came back home quite kicked with myself and after dinner, spent half and hour with my guitar, learning some new songs. I’ve got a whole lot of Christmas carols too. So this Christmas I am going to be playing and singing them. About time too, I guess.

Today I downloaded three more albums. Bad Company was the flavour of the day.
1. Bad Company
2. Straight Shooter
3. Run with the Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date