Search This Blog

Saturday, November 25, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEDAR & JAIDEEP

Last evening was a blast. I was finally getting my groove back. After work, we guys headed out to Oasis on Park Street. Kedar joined us and I learnt that at the stroke of midnight the boy was going to turn a year older. So after a good drinking session at Oasis, where I must add that the service is excellent and the Fried Chicken and Fish Fingers are even better, Kedar and I decided that the night was too young to head back home. So while Amrit and Kartik headed home, we guys walked across the road and got on my bike just to ride into The Park about a hundred metres up the road.

Kedar was quite kicked about the fact that he was sitting on a bike after ages. At the entrance the guard didn't allow us into the driveway, so we just went a bit further and took the back entrance (actually the exit, right next to Trincas) and parked my bike at the back entrance of Trincas.

We headed straight for Some Place Else. Man the place was packed. Hip Pocket was at their musical best. Reela Banerjee's vocals added punch to the great music being dished out. Anyway we guys headed to Roxy after a short while, where the crowd hadn't yet picked up so we headed up to Aqua and Wow! This place was buzzing with people. Yeah! So this is where the hip crowd of Kolkata hangs out. It was a fashion extravaganza and we weren't complaining. The DJ was playing some cool trance kind of stuff, the attendants in their white Tees, short Denim skirts and Sneakers looked sporty and add to that a swimming pool, it's got just the right mix. Yeah Diddy could throw one of his famous White parties here. If this was Delhi, am sure there'd be some guys and gals in the pool too. Wonder if they allow that here?

At the stroke of Midnight, I got the DJ to play Happy Birthday for Kedar and wished him all the best and hoped he scored tonight. There was some fine talent in the house. Stilleto's, halter tops, plunging neck-lines, drain pipes, sunglasses at night, you name it, it was all there. Not to miss the "flip-flops", you know, the confused about their sexual orientation types who turn up at all the hippest places. I feel nowadays alot of these people are coming out of the closet as it seems to be a fashion statement in itself. No party I feel today makes the grade or to the page 3 tabloids if you don't have a couple of them in attendance.

Kedar wanted to smoke a cigar and asked one of the attendents to get one for him. She told us that they were out of stock and she'd have to get it from either ROXy or Some Place Else. Well that was the most elusive cigar. We're still waiting for it... Anyway tonight Aqua here we come and we don't light up until the Fat Lady Sings.

We headed back to Roxy and shortly thereafter. It seems the entire Aqua crowd descended there too. So one quick one for the road and we were outa there. It was a bit past 2am, and while we were crossing the drive way, Kedar suggested, since we had been to all the other places, we might as well go to Tantra and complete the entire package of Clubbing in The Park. Well the guys at the entrance wouldn't let us in without paying the entry fee. What the hell? We hadd been partying here since 10pm and there was no way we were going to pay to enter. So we just decided to call it a night, finally. Yeah anyway we had I think completed our quota of drinking for the night. One more and who'd ride my bike back?

So we headed to the parking and got on my bike and headed out into the coll night. I dropped Kedar at his residence in Alipore and went for a spin on my bike. It's very seldom that you get empty roads in Kolkata, so I made the most of it. I especially like the 2.6 km flyover on AJC Bose Road. As usual, I opened up the throttle and covered the distance in a blink of an eye...125 kmph is fast, I wish I could go faster.

So you're wondering why is it Happy Birthday Jaideep? Because it's his birth day today. I just found out. So we're headed out for lunch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date