Search This Blog

Friday, November 03, 2006

My Opening Speach for my Political Career

Man I wish I was out on the streets to capture more sights and sounds of Kolkata, but I have been indoors all day. The up side is that I save on sun tan lotion, soap & detergent. The down side, I will need to get a new wardrobe at the rate of expansion.

Anyway I watched one of the movies I had bought the other day. It was the normal thriller kind. Harrison Ford seems to have mastered the art of expressing himself in crisis, way back from his Hans Solo & Indiana Jones days. The movie was "FIREWALL". Am sure it failed at the box office, since it's a 2006 release and is already available on Home Video, even in India.

I just have one question to all these guys who make these movies. If they keep depicting Americans armed to the teeth on American soil just to rob a bank, even though the plot is to do it using some high tech networking and IT wizardry, then why the hell are they spending billions on finding one lone old fogie in the middle of the desert? So much for steering clear of world politics and current affairs.

More on the home ground front, Kolkata seems to be caught in the controversy of one of it's Landmark Calendar Events, THE CALCUTTA BOOK FAIR, being in location limbo. Every year the Maidan is the hub of activity with this Event. Now the High Court has ordered in the interest of preservation of Kolkata's lung, The Green belt of the Maidan be rid of all such events. The Upkeeper of the Maidan, The INDIAN ARMY and the GOC-in-C has decided to stand by the decision and thus the local governement has taken to the Dilli Chalo tactic and is trying to pull strings with Mr. Pranab Mukherjee and all Bengal cadre to have this decision reversed.

I don't think so people. Just deal with it. if it's going to take you'll so bloody long to get your act together (3 years now) to get the new place in order, then boo hoo. Just skip the event this year. The same goes for all other development drives in Kolkata. The whole CNG thing has been given a pass due to the Governement's lack of will. If IT can Boom the way is here, so can a lot of other things.

So People This is yet another wake up call. Kolkata has great people, hospitable and kind hearted. Just get off your butts and get work done. That's all and we'll be way ahead of the rest of the world

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:26 AM

    I've been following your blogs for the last few weeks.....very entertaining and sort of nostalgic for me. Well done and keep it coming. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date