Search This Blog

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Boat Party on the Hooghly

After a long day at work, what best but to unwind with a sumptuous meal. Man my aunt’s it seems are fattening me up for being offered as sacrifice to Maa Kali. But I’m not complaining, infact licking my fingers dry enquiring about the next meal. So yesterday after dinner, Rahul and I went for a drive while my aunt indulged in making some custard for desert. We guys headed down theatre road, turned into russel street, then into Park street in front of the Park. After that I turned into Middleton road, driving past Music World at the corner. Onto Camac street, then right onto theatre road again and then straight down to the VM (Victoria Memorial) On Outram Road, past Fort William Entrance and onto the straight Runway like Red Road, which is like the Raj Path in Delhi. Then we turned left off towards the Mighty Eden Gardens and then onwards to the strand.

Once on the strand, we chanced upon an Ice-cream cart and got ourselves a couple of Chocobars. While we were there and I was reminiscing about the good old days and how the strand was the place to head every weekend for golgappas and nimbu sikanjis (Masala Coke or lemon soda with masala). The waterfront used to be buzzing with life, and the occasional train, then a Diesel Locomotive, chugging along and the river was full of ships, at times even a large one came this far up. Just then we heard some music in the distance from somewhere up the river and some lights caught my eye on the water. Wow a river party. A boat all lit up with a live band and all with merry makers on the river. That must be fun.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Most Popular Posts till date