Search This Blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

I Miss Media Nights at Turquoise Cottage

Wednesday evening and I was getting restless. I was truly missing Media Nights at Turquoise Cottage. I had no plans for the evening and add to that the fact that I had forgotten my mobile phone back home. So when I got home in the evening, there were 13 missed calls and half a dozen text messages. Phew!! Not that much. If this had been Delhi, my phone’s battery would’ve gone down with the number of missed calls. Anyway to my surprise there was a missed call from Christopher (Sheldon’s Cousin) from Delhi. This meant that he was in town. So I immediately called him. He was in town on the KFC project on Park Street. So I told him I’d meet him there. I set out in a jiffy. I had to go down Theatre road and turn from Russell Street onto Park Street. Parked my car in the usual spot on Middleton Row just off Park Street, bang opposite the new KFC site, which was opposite Music World.

I met Christopher and he showed me around the premises and the work he was doing. He informed me that he was starting the McDonald’s site next week just across the Road at what was BLUE FOX (one of Kolkata’s best restaurants). We decided to head out to Oasis, my preferred watering hole here. Peter Cat was the first choice, but since Christopher’s phone keeps ringing, it wasn’t a prudent choice.

We knocked down a couple of drinks over which Christopher told me how much he liked Kolkata. He had even invested in an apartment here. After that I played guide and we drove to the Vidyasagar Setu via Red Road and the Strand. He was thoroughly impressed by the bridge and the view of the City and the river below. Once we had been for the drive around town I dropped him home at Ekdalia and enjoyed the drive back home way past midnight. Wow I wish Kolkata roads were like this by day, but that’s wishful thinking. Peaceful and empty, except for dodging the manholes on the road, which are like pits in the middle of the tarmac and could break your axle or then throw you off your bike if you were on one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date