Search This Blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

Saturday Night, Sunday Plight

THE BIRTHDAY BOY-KEDAR
Saturday night was something I was looking forward to. So after getting back home and began watching a movie - THE TRANSPORTER 2. Halfway through the movie, got a call from Kedar. We were meeting at Aqua. So got ready and headed there. Drove into The Park driveway and there was no valet. Yeah I figured out you only get service if you drive a big swanky car and not a battered old Maruti 800. So when I went to the back to park my car in the parking, the guard immediately recognised me from the night before and asked me if I had come on a Red Karizma. Sorry Parking full was the message I got there. So I drove out and fortunately I got a spot right outside opposite the drive-in of The Park.

I headed up to Aqua and met with the Birthday Boy, Kedar and he was already there with some friends. Aqua was rocking with most of the crowd we had seen the night before. These must be the “usual suspects”. I realised this from my experience at partying. You visit a place often enough and very soon, you’ll identify the regulars. The suave pony tailed guy chatting up yet a nother svelte model type, the oddly dressed yet wannabe babes, yeah something in their attire gives them away. Maybe the wrong type of shoes, or the out of place bag, just something. Ofcourse the guys to look out for are the ones who from the moment they walk in seem to stop at every table, or then people coming up to them to say hi. These are the regular players. They know everybody.

Anyway as the night progressed and we decided to head out to Sheesha. I’d heard about this place a lot. The good thing in Kolkata, is that the Clubbing scene is totally centralised. So every place is just a hop-skip-and-jump from Park Street, if not on Park Street itself. Before that we tried our luck at some other place, where the entry had closed. It was a bit past 2 am. So Sheesha it was. When we got there, I realised that this was the place where the real party crowd went.

As we drove in, there were girls ouside in stilletos, mini skirts and whatever latest attire was in vogue. So we got out and up the elevator and bang out into the lobby of Sheesha which was packed. We did have a little trouble getting in, because there were a couple of us single guys, but Kedar;s perseverance with the manager got us in. The place was a far cry from the sophisticated Aqua. The dim lights on one side and strobe lights on the other, the latest hindi remixes pumping up the dance floor and highly volatile crowd was the perfect mix for a Saturday night. Now this was what one expected when one went out on a Saturday night.

We guys hung around there for the next hour and a half before calling in a night.

I spent my Sunday in a daze. i had gotten up at about 10 am and thereafter was quite wasted from the two nights of partying. I spent the after noon watching FORREST GUMP. What a movie. Makes my hair stand and parts of it even bring a tear to my eye. The movie has captured the essence of recent American History and more the Spirit of a simple individual. He makes life look so simple. We seem to complicate our lives with so many issues.

Anyway later in the evening I rode out to catch a glimpse of the newly lit Rabindra Setu (Howrah Bridge). I seem to have gone a bit early it seems. I rode to the strand a bit after sunset at about 5.15pm. The bridge gets all lit up at 6pm. So hopefully one of these days I'll get pics of the majestic Howrah Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date