Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tuesday's Gone @ Rs. 10

Day 12, Sep 12, 06: Kolkata: Monday morning blues. But not so blue for me, I was up and about at the crack of dawn.

Nothing much happened on Monday, except the fact that we went back to the Rajbhawan Canteen and got some great Thali. Of course that led to post lunch drowsiness. But apart from that it was work as usual. Infact got some great work done for a change, even if I may say so.

It came down again in the evening. Ah now I remember. About this eating thing; apart from eating themselves, it seems people love feeding too, especially stray cats and dogs. To the point that I noticed our neighbour throwing out food for the Kites on Sunday afternoon and they kept swooping down for a feed. [Pictures below]

Today I worked on getting my new number; my standby Airtel Prepaid card was proving to be too expensive and running out of balance at critical times. So old faithful HUTCH it is back to and I’ve got my new number. Hopefully should be activated by evening. Let’s see?

But before I forget about the most crucial part of my day, Lunch; 10 Bucks man! 2 rotis and big ones too, mixed paneer sabji, pickle and salad. 10 bucks! Beat that. Just beat that.

I think I’m going to change this blog into “I LOVE KOLKATA” soon.

Another great thing about Kolkata is that the streets are so well lit that most cars don’t use their head lights at night. You might think it’s strange, but it’s true. I guess Kolkata is a civilised place. People are considerate and sensible and power is abundant. So Hurray! Kolkata. Just need to ignite them to turning this place into a world class city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date