Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Kolkata is Hi Tech


Day 18, Sep 18, 06: Kolkata:

I have managed to get some discipline into my life it seems; early to bed and early to rise. So I wasn’t surprised this morning when my eyes opened at 5.30 am. I did stay in bed till 6 am though, but that was it. It seems uncanny, but true it is.

As usual I was out in the veranda sipping my morning tea when I heard a strange sound from down below. I was used to the sirens blaring, and the holed up silencers from buses & garbage trucks rambling, but this buzzing sound was completely new. So I went to the window and to my surprise. There were two trucks all hi-tech and all cleaning the streets. I rushed in to grab my phone (well this has become my weapon of choice now) and came back to click a picture. Kolkata is a far cry from what I had left back straight after school.

That was the high point of the day. Needles to say I still enjoyed the ride to office. I’ve now devised a new strategy. I just plug my ears and listen to music all the way to work in the morning.
What has kept me occupied of late is finding my roots and have been working on my family lineage back to one of Bengal’s famous poets Michael Madhusudan Dutt (1824-1873).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date