Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Trams & Taxis Everywhere

Day 6, Sep 6th, 06: Kolkata:

Another Day starts in Kolkata. It's a bright sunny day and the newspapers have images from yesterdays Adivasi something Rally. Ariel pictures give the real picture of how bad things actually were. Ground zero was sheer pandemonium as I was in the midst of it.

Anyway today I must say I just saw trams, trams and more trams on my way to office. White ones, yellow ones, Red ones, some with advertisements plastered across their sides. Apart from that quite an uneventful journey to office. Though am still amazed at the number of Yellow Cabs this city has. I think the only thing that outnumbers that is the Hoardings that cover the skyline.

Of course the main thing that makes Kolkata the City of Joy is it's people. So that said here are some more pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date