Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wedneday Night @ Media Nights

Day 13, Sep 13, 06: Kolkata:

Today completes a fortnight in Kolkata. And among the things I’ve missed the most is Media Nights at Turquoise Cottage. As might seem unbelievable to most of you guys, haven’t checked out any of the night life here yet. But from what I hear Tantra, Underground, Some Place Else, Big Ben and Dublin are the most rocking places and promise more clubbing than is possible in Delhi, but Turquoise Cottage rocks.

Yesterday was a work filled day. Our project seems to be progressing now. Lunch was same place as Monday, but had Egg Curry and Rotis instead. Kartik tried out the Chola and Tadka Dal. Ok I can’t help but make you’ll wonder about the price. We paid Rs. 25/- total for the two of us. I still can’t fathom how they do it and still make a living. Not complaining though.

So, all in all, yesterday was quite an uneventful day.

This morning though, decided to occupy my time and started a project at home. The entire balcony is surrounded by huge glass windows. Saint Gobain was on my mind. So started out to clean the glasses and got 6 done in all. Actually the beautiful view outside inspired me to take on this and the fact that I’d at least get in some physical labour since I haven’t yet got to go to a gym yet.


Me on my way to work on Wednesday Morning.











Jaideep on the other hand had an experience yesterday; an incident with the cab driver who tried overcharging. So a helpful policeman came to his aid and handed Jaideep a post card (don’t know how long he’s been carrying it) to be filled out and sent to the Police HQ. Not bad. Delhi Traffic Police ought to take queue from here and live up to their motto “For You, With You Always”. What say Dilli wallahs?


And a pic of the Impressive Telephone Bhavan by night.
Streets Light up
Cabs don’t need to use Headlights as the roads are well lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date