Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Munna Bhai at INOX, FORUM MALL

Day 19, Sep 19, 06: Kolkata:

Three people’s birthdays on this day, my brother’s, Sheldon’s and one of my aunt’s, would you believe the chances of that happening? So wishing over with on the phone, I headed to work. It was quite the normal day. Except for the fact that Amrit and I headed to Chung Wah for lunch. Man the portions there are enormous. I’m not going to talk about prices any more as it seems to have annoyed quite a few people reading. But I just want to say is that I was stuffed.

That evening Kartik and myself went to watch Lagey Raho Munna Bhai with a couple of colleagues from our Head Office. The movie was nice and I finally got to go to FORUM. Everyone’s been raving about FORUM since I got here. Well yeah ok so it’s a mall, but I’ve seen bigger ones and City Centre in Salt Lake is way better.

Anyway a quick bite of Vada Pao, Papdi Chaat and stuff at the food court and we headed into to watch the movie armed to the teeth with pop-corn and coke.

The movie was well packaged in the sense that though preachy, it was done in a manner that people would take cognisance of the message. I was just analysing how two different movies Rang De Basanti and Lagey Raho Munna Bhai have tried to arouse the consciousness of being proud to be an Indian and how are we going to contribute to India rising to the challenge of being a global player. And each of them have taken different approaches like our struggle for Independence, one of extremism and one of non-violence.

I don’t want to start and analysis and seem like “Manohar Prsad” with political aspirations, but I think both ways are effective. It’s a when extremism fails that non violence compliments it.

Anyway it seems I am short circuiting from the topic and on that note I felt that Arshad Warsi a.k.a CIRCUIT just stole the show. Throwing in Diya Mirza and Abhishek Bachchan were thrown in for glamour quotient just as John Abraham and Kajol added surprise to KANK. Boman is the master of character n comedy. And Kartik is fida over Vidya Balan.

Apart from the fact that a whole lot of brands got some pretty heavy mileage in the movie, it was a great two and half hours of entertainment in true Bollywood ishtyle, great music, excellent choreography, exotic locations, witty dialogues and a great lesson at the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date