Search This Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Oh Big Yellow Taxis

Day 2, Sep 2nd, 06: Kolkata: So early to bed and early to rise does hold true. I was up at the crack of dawn or thereabouts, at 6 am. Did try to attempt to fill up the rest of the joining formality document, but ended up yapping with my aunts and cuz.

Several hours later, well they didn't seem like several, but 9.30 am was off to office. Decided to be adventurous and took a shared auto rickshaw to Esplanade. The rates on these seem to have gone up, remember the ride used to be Rs. 4 the last time I was in Kolkata, now its 100% more and stands at Rs. 8. There on decided to use a cab, since I was running a bit late. That's the great thing about Kolkata, a wave of the hand or slight movement towards the road and voila, you have a cab guy beside you offering a ride. Kolkata is full of these Yellow Ambi's. It seems there are more Cabs than any other mode of transport.

Time pass in the office till lunch time, 12.34 to be precise and we're all hungry, so got some "shingara" (samosas) for myself since everyone else was thinking of lunch. We did do lunch 10 minutes hence at the roadside dhaba outside the office, but those shingaras were awesome. A roadside dhaba has things which are beyond explanation and description, but let me just say that finishing a meal with "Rosogollas" is the way to do it. So much for the weight loss program!

Which brings me right up to speed and me tapping away at the keyboard on a Saturday afternoon in office (Half day till 3.30 pm) Ha ha ha. Half day Saturday is as good as working all day. But I am having lots of fun. Till the next Update, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date