Search This Blog

Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Road Discovered Between Two Weddings

Last evening wedding season was in full blossom or lest I say more. I had two wedding receptions to attend. The first one was at Udayan the other at the Tollygunge club.

I attended the one at Udayan first and just found out that there's an awesome open air terrace banquet there. The food was awesome and to do justice to both parties, I munched a bit there. The Fish Cutlet was particularly nice.

After that drove down to Tollygunge and discovered a road that cuts through and come out at Jodhpur Park and goes straight to Prince Anwarshah Road. The Road was just off the E.M. Bypass and passed between Avishikta and Spencer’s. It's under the process of becoming a 4-6 lane road, but then we know how long that could take.

Once at Tollygunge Club, the parking was full and the Golf Driving Range at the back was also being used as a car park. There were three functions on last night. One the Women’s Golf Cup Party, another one at the Poolside and the third being the wedding I was attending. It seemed like the who's who of the media and arts fraternity of Kolkata. The decorations were awesome and the food exquisite. I just made do with some Ice-cream and hot chocolate.

Then it was back on the road and after dropping a friend back at Udayan I was home by 11 PM. Something of an anomaly considering most Friday nights I'm heading out at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date