Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oriental Impressions - Artworks from Vietnam

Last evening I was invited to an opening of an Art Exhibition at the ITC Sonar. The invitation said 6.30 pm, but traffic kept me from getting there only at 7.00 pm. No loss though, because as all things Indian, the function only got underway at about 7.30 pm. And let this not be an example of how things should be, its just my way of saying that the traffic situation is getting from bad to worse with each passing day, hours if I might dare so, or maybe so you will realise after reading a bit.

But then let me not linger on the streets of Kolkata and take you straight into what I was witness to. ASIAN ART HOUSE, a company floated by a friend of mine Rajika and her husband Rajat, put up their maiden Exhibition at the ITC Sonar and called it Oriental Impressions - Artworks from Vietnam.

So I'm guessing you've realised what was on display; Canvases of various sizes and in vibrant colours displaying the brush strokes of up coming artists from Vietnam. The evening was inaugurated by Mr. Harsh Neotia followed by wine and cheese and hobnobbing with some arty kinds.

I’ll let the pictures say the rest and if any of you are interested in the paintings and more information please contact Asian Art House at +91 9836112078 or +91 9830532708.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date