Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Wall stands Tall

After an arty evening, I had worked up an appetite and decided to try out a place called Gossip at Udayan. But once there and a peek into the place, I realised it was more a watering hole than an eating joint. So I decided to visit it some time later when I was in the mood to get my spirits high.

So from there my friend and I drove down to The Wall, just a couple of buildings away from the Xrong Place which we had gone to a couple of days ago. I had been sold the idea of having a meal there that day and didn’t realise that I was going to be eating there so soon.

Once there, I handed the keys to the valet (amazing that the place has valet parking) and walked into The Wall. Just before you enter the attention to detail is visible by the Water fall and the bamboo wall. Once you enter you are faced with an exquisite Golden Statue of Buddha. The manager asks your name which I believe is customary and leads you to the table. I excused myself to go to the men’s room, more to survey the entire restaurant, than actually use it. I must say a lot has gone into the décor of the place and it seems that every piece of the interiors has been hand picked.

Anyway we ordered our meal and while we waited sipped on a mocktail each called Fruit Overload. This was followed by a soup from the Japanese Menu called Torino Misoshiru. The soup was brilliant and for the first time I didn’t need to add any of the customary sauces that are on the table.

We followed this with Hakka Noodles Mix Meat and Ayam Hijau (chicken dish). I just freaked out on the chicken dish and though I wanted to finish all of it, the quantity was just too much.

The service was excellent and the attendants kept enquiring about each dish served and I just had to tell them it was all good. And finally the bill of Rs. 771 was not that bad for an exquisite meal. A must visit for people who have good taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date