Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

An evening of trials and treats

Yesterday, after a long time I stepped into the Kolkata Metro. I observed carefully that age is taking its toll on the trains and the escalators in the metro. As compared to a newer mass rapid transport system in Delhi, Kolkata's Metro is beginning to show sings of fatigue after being in operation for more than 20 years. After a two stop ride from Central through Esplanade and when I disembarked at Park Street Station, I took a stroll down to India Hobby Centre. The purpose of my visit was a quick bite at Big Max. (What happened next is coming up...in my next post)
In the evening, I decided to go out and complete some of the shopping from a few days ago that I had left pending. As luck would have it, whatever I liked and narrowed in on, wasn’t available in my size. So my friend and I decided to have a go at some of the street food right outside Vardan Market. It started with Ghungi, then moved to Puchka’s and finally Kwality Walls ice-cream and Kulfi.
We had tickets for Dus Kahaniyaan for a 10.50 pm show at Forum and had the entire evening on our hands so we did some ‘lukkhagiri’ in Westside and Pantaloons. From there we headed to Forum Mall. On my way to the mall from the car I pooped into a toy store that I frequent and found one of the Maisto Scale Models [De Havilland Mosquito] which I didn’t have, so I picked that up.

Some more lukkhagiri in Forum Mall and we decided to go have momos and thukpa at Lee Road which is just a stone’s throw away. Lee Road is famous for the Momo joints and when we reached there, the street was lined with cars on both sides. We got out Thukpa and Pork Steamed and Chicken Fried momos and all I can say, it was a treat having that steaming food on a slightly nippy winter evening. Oh that was dinner and post that it was back to INOX at Forum Mall.

Dus Kahaniyaan is as the name suggests 10 stories. There are 10 short films of about 20 mins each. None is related to the other, but there was one binding factor which was a twist in the tale in each story. I just getting the feeling that the stories had been taken from “A Twist in the Tale” a collection of short stories by Roald Dahl. Each story revolved around some tragedy and some of them were quite morbid. Oh and some of the stories had some eye candy, but didn’t make any sense at all, especially “Sex on the Beach”. So if any one of you want s to just while away time, it’s ok to go watch the film for some of the stories and for those of you who’ve seen the film, please I don’t want to even know the explanation or underlying message of the one’s I didn’t get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date