Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Night Rider

On my way back home last night, I stopped at a tea stall opposite CMRI (Calcutta Medical Research Institute). I had been driving past the stall for several days now, but maybe a bit too late at night and never found it open. So last night the moment I drove past it and found a few night birds (probably medical students who have to study all night) around the stall I stopped a bit past the stall and pulled over. I think the tea at that hour was completely worth it, in the chilly winter air. I would've ventured so far as to have the anda (eggs) bread, but I had already had my fill for the day.

Further down the road and along it at regular intervals I found young men in groups of 4-5 each group pulling a cow down the road with a longish leash. I stopped to click some pictures and even got questioned by some Policemen in a Police Patrol Jeep what I was doing. I told them I was clicking pictures of the cows for a story in the Press. Always works. They pulled away and left me there happily clicking away.

Later while driving on the AJC Bose Flyover, I noticed a transaction between a truck and a Police van, but I'm not going into that now, because it's common knowledge in Kolkata that at certain locations such transactions happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date