Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wedding Season starts

Yes as luck would have it, I had invitations to two wedding receptions. Add to that the fact that I had some pressing matters in the evening which required my utmost attention. But one can't resist the fact that its wedding season and you have the opportunity to get into a suit and grace the occasion. OK am just kidding about all this stuff. I just can't resist the fact that there's going to be an awesome spread. Food! Food! Food!

I decided to visit Raja's sister's wedding first as it was in Garia, which is way out and way in the interiors. So while I just made do with some Puchkas and coffee, the main menu entailed rice, pure ghee, dal, begun bhaja, pabda maach, kosha mangsho, jalpai er chatni, papad and topped off with raabri. I must add though that the wedding had all the ingredients of a man who was influenced by the arts. The shehnai's atop the entrance and then the pandal walls lined with terracotta art was exquisite.

My brief stop there was followed by a long, long drive down N.S.C. Bose Road down to Tollygunge. I just about made it to Ajoy's wedding reception ad was the last person to enter the Princeton Club hall. After exchanging pleasantries and being introduced to his wife and family, I was led to the all important food. I was pretty hungry by now and the Laccha parantha's, shammi kebab, Mutton Biryani, Chicken Masala was relished. I followed this up with hot Gulab Jamun and Ice-cream.

Man I got to say, I love this wedding season. I can't wait to attend tonight's Birthday Party at Aqua. Weddings, Birthdays! They’re all the same. Any excuse feasting on some great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date