Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Sunny Morning Ride

This morning as I was taking a stroll down to work, I was surprised to find the Park Circus round about buzzing with activity, the kinds of which make you wonder where the trouble is going to start and how bad the traffic situation is going to get. Hordes of Poicemen and their vehicles had descended upon the Round about. So am just wondering why? Another Nandigram, Rizwanur or Taslima procession?

Anyway I made best use of stopping there and clicking a couple of pics because I got to to to something I've been craving to for a while now. So as soon as this tram starting taking its turn down towards Park Street, I hopped, skipped and jumped into the forward carriage. The conductor and driver were having a conversation and it's only when I was ready to descend from my short 5 minute tram ride that i paid the fare of Rs.4/-. I remember when I was in school the fare used to be 70p.
UPDATE: I just watched Star Ananda and there are scenes of Mob fury and hurling of stones and bottles at the contingents of Police in Riot gear. Live feeds of the Police firing tear gas and Lathi charging the Mobs at various locations on AJC Bose Road, Rippon Street and Mullick Bazar just several hundred metres from our office and not far from where I had seent he policemen accumulating this morning. Apparently a "Chaka Roko" called by the Minortites Community Party or something of the sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date