Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Friday Night Partying

Last night there was an MTV & T2 Party at Venom featuring VJ Mia. Being a friday night, Some Place Else was on the cards, but Venom was like a bonus. So I headed out to SPE and hung out there listening to Hip Pocket rendering songs of CCR, Santana and Pink Floyd. Towards the end of their performance nearing midnight, I left and headed to Venom. Venom is a decent enough place if it's crowded and since I'm not too much of a night club or disco kind of person, I was glad that we found a corner to ourselves and watched people shake their bodies madly to all the latest Hindi chart-busters interspersed with some cool Hip Hop tracks and the DJ even went to the point of playing a number from the 70's.

Anyway we were there till the wee wee hours and yesterday I finally used my car. Been a while since I got behind the wheel. I think the swift is an excellent car and that's the very reason I bought it. On my way back home I pushed the car past 140kmph for the first time.

By the time I was getting back home I noticed a lot of road block and police pickets all over. I even noticed groups of people, men and women, at that ungodly hour (4:00 am) getting into trucks and tempos and heading out. Only later when i got to office did I learn today is Chat Puja. This is the biggest Puja for the people of Bihar.

Oh and last but not least, something I'd been saying all along and today's newspapers had it in the morning. The Met guys I feel were feeling left out of the news with all this Rizwanur, Nandigram, Taslima & Singur stuff occupying front page, that they grabbed the opportunity to create mass hysteria by announcing Cyclone Sidr was going to slam Bengal and today said they knew that it would predictably hit Bangladesh, but just brought Bengal into the picture as a precautionary measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date