Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SWISS Band at SPE

Eliana Burki on the Swiss Alphorn with her band put up a splendid performance at Some Place Else on Monday, 13th October 2008. I would usually not go to Some Place Else on a Monday, save the SMS I got from Gautam saying that a Swiss Band was performing there and especially the fact that the lady would be on a Swiss Alphorn. I wanted to hear how a Swiss Alphorn could be integrated into Jazz music. To my surprise it went really well and sounded somewhere between a saxophone and a trumpet and not only did it go down well with Jazz music, the band also performed a lot of blues and ventured out to play a song from an Indian Film! The song was “Chak De” from the movie Chak De India”. I guess their PR person must have told them that SRK was big here. Well he's the biggest there is today in Bollywood.

About the Band:
Eliana Burki – Alphorn
Arnaud Francelet – Bass
Samuel Siegenthaler – Guitar
Adriano Regazzin – Piano/Keyboard/
Anthony LoGerfo – Drums and Percussion
Astrid Van der Haegen – Management and Technicals
Website: http://www.elianeburki.ch/

After being enthralled by their performance we made a quick getaway and headed out to Azad Hind Dhaba. I had been dying to eat some typical Indian Dhaba food for a while now. So when we got there the first thing was to quench my throat with Pepsi ( Dhaba Food without Pepsi is not possible). I got down to the ordering and it was 1 Chicken Bharta, 1 Egg Tarka Dal, 2 Masala Kulchas, 1 Naan and 1 plate Green Salad (which is also a must with this kind of food). Total bill Rs. 276/-

Gosh the thought of that food is making me hungry all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date