Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

Some Funny Stuff I experienced

Over the past couple of days some strange and rather amusing occurrences have been noticed by me. Like the other day I noticed one of my friends had his Facebook status reading as “is nursing a broken leg & recovering from an accident”. So before I ventured to ask him how he broke his leg, images of him playing some sport, or a fall down some steps were the first to come to mind. I completely eliminated a fall from a bike, because to my knowledge he wasn’t a biker. So when I did finally catch him online and asked him how he happened to fracture his leg, I was shocked to read his answer which was thus: “arre i was in an auto, its brake failed, flipped over & my leg got squashed under it - so now got a fracture, but am recovering :)”.

So now you tell me, is that shocking? With my experience with Delhi Autowallahs, it didn’t surprise me that much.

Another funny thing happened yesterday while I was walking back to office from Theatre Road. I turned to the corner and just entered Loudon Street towards Park Street. I had just about walked 20 feet down the pavement when A Tata Sumo pulled up to the curb and a person from the back seat enquired where the Theatre Road Police Station was. I replied back with a slightly confused look that I didn’t know where the Theatre Road Police Station was specifically, but there was a big Police Station just as you crossed Theatre Road on the opposite side. Infact I turend around and pointed it out to the now several persons sitting in the Tata Sumo. They immediately acknowledged and sped off.

Now you’re wondering why I was confused, right. Well I just gave Directions of the POLCE STATION to a POLICEMAN sitting in a POLICE TATA SUMO. How about that?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 PM

    Ha ha ha...that was funny. Or may not be so. Well...you have not mentioned about the police men in detail. Were they the Kolkata Police team or West Bengal Police...or were they from Interpol hee hee. I am sure the last two may not know the address of Theatre Road Police Station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehee... TATA Sumo incident was gud!!.... wonder they were carrying their walky-talky as wel... :D

    as far as dilli autowalahs r concerned...... god only knows wen wud r misery end.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I'm not sure what Police they were. But all Plainclothes guys. Maybe some Special Branch or CID types. Anyway which ever one, it was just weird being asked by Policemen where a Police Station was.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date