Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2008

PSU inneficiency and committed Golfers pepper with steak

This Saturday, I mad up my mind after a lot of procrastination that I would visit the BSNL office at Ranikuti to change my BSNL Broadband internet plan. As per information from their customer care, all I had to do was go to the office and give an application to the AO (TR) for change of plan. So I did. Only to find out when I reached the office that the AO (TR) hadn’t yet come in at 10.30 am. Can you imagine I was out and about by that hour on a holiday? Anyway I waited for half an hour and finally got directed to a room where I met the concerned person, who told me that I didn’t have to meet the AO (TR) for this but the Commercial Manager. So I was redirected to the first floor where I met the person concerned only to learn that I could only get this done after I had paid the first bill of my existing plan. So I wasted a good Saturday morning at the Telephone Office. Well the saving grace was the sight of the impressive building. On my way out I clicked a picture of the palatial office standing all regal and white housing this overstaffed machinery that in the true sense wasn’t even required in this day and age of online technology. Such processes should be available by just going online and getting it done.

Anyway thereafter I went to the Tollygunge Club and spent the entire day in the Shamiana enjoying the view and watching die-hard golfers teeing off and coming in to finish their game at the 18th hole in the rain. These blokes are committed to the game, come rain or storm. Beers, French fries and steaks made for a good fest while I watched group after group till it was evening and time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date