Search This Blog

Friday, August 06, 2010

Aloo Parantha brings back memories

After watching the movie at Fame South City Mall, we wonder what to do for dinner. The food court option was ruled out as both my wife and I had got quite sick of eating here so often. So she suggested Azad Hind Dhaba on Purna Das Road and immediately I knew what i wanted to eat; Aloo Parantha and Dahi. The weather and the time (late night) kind of reminded me of my Delhi days, when Aloo Parantha at AIIMS or Lajpat Nagar near Vikram Hotel were the best late night options for cheap and yummy food.

Azad Hind didn't disappoint either as we got the whole experience of eating in the car as the dhaba was under renovation, but the kitchen was still operational. So while my wife ordered Half Tandoori Chicken, Palak Cheese and Aloo Parantha, I stuck to my two Aloo Paranthas and Dahi. (ok my wife pointed out that I did nearly wipe out all of the Palak Cheese too but I did stay clear off the chicken. Well if you're thinking that my wife ate all of the chicken, then you're sadly mistaken, because after one piece of chicken she asked for the rest to be packed.). All this washed down with a 500 ML Pepsi.

Our Bill was Rs. 348/-, but the memories it brought back were, PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date