Search This Blog

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Alipore Zoo, finally!

After Galiff Street, we headed to my Aunt's place at Park Street. We had a special treat in store for us. The Commonwealth Games 2010 Queen's Baton Motorcade was supposedly stopping at the Central Bank on the ground floor of the building. Well we had all been invited by the Manager to grace the occasion. The motorcade was supposed to pass at 11 am, but after waiting there for hours, we finally got to see them whisk by way past 2 PM.

So after a quick lunch there, we were heading home when my wife told me we should go to the Zoo sometime and I suggested that now was as good a time as any. I immediately took a u-turn at the end of the No. 4 Bridge and headed to the Zoo.

The next thing we knew was that we were going dizzy with flashbacks of the good old days at the Alipore Zoo. It was under a huge modernization project, so a lot for enclosures were closed, but even so, it was an amazing experience.

Below are some of the pictures among hundreds we clicked. The pictures below don't do justice to the real animals and experience at the Alipore Zoo. Do visit these beautiful creatures any day between 9 am and 5.30 pm.










2 comments:

  1. Alipore Zoo, man this bring back memories. I think the last time I went there when I was five or six years old! Great post Rohit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Souvik, this was a spur of the moment decision and so worth it. Divya has put up a whole lot of pics on FB. chk em out.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date