Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Breakfast at China Town

I can't believe that we got up at 5:30 AM this morning to include breakfast at China Town into our days planned outing. Anyway we did and were out of the house a couple of minutes after 6:00 AM headed to China Town.

Our standard Meatball and Fishball Soup was ordered to start with. Then we had some Fish Dumplings followed by a large Sugarcane Juice. I love to have it in the "bhaand" which is an earthen cup. As usual we got to this chap who makes these long fried things from wheat dough. I don't know what they are called, but I love to munch them on the drive back home. Well today we had to wait quite a while as he was busy packing an order of about 100 of these for some fat ladies. Well I'm not being mean or anything, but their order created quite a scene there.

While we were waiting an my wife was growing impatient by the minute, the guy made matters worse by managing to spill a drop of hot oil on my her foot. Adding to this was the fact that she suddenly told me that one of her lenses had fallen out. I didn't understand what she meant by that. I was wondering how a drop of oil could lead to a contact lense falling out of one's eye. Then she explained that she had rubbed her eye and it wasn't uncommon for lenses to pop out.

Can you imagine my state at that hour of the morning with all that food inside and major agenda ahead of us.

I had to find that lense. Sure enough after I went down on my haunches and hopped around for a couple of minutes, I spotted it on the road. I pointed it out to her and as she picked it up, the fried stuff guy came back with some sort of black stuff and started to put it on her foot. He had gone to get some Ice but came back with soya sauce instead and that was the black stuff. Meanwhile our order for 10 pcs was ready. So then my wife got some paper, wiped off the stuff on her foot and headed back to the car with her lense in one hand and the food packet in the other while I went to our soup lady to get some stuff packed for later. We always get stuff packed for later. Coz its not like one gets to have this stuff everyday.

I got the stuff and off we went further up north towards our next and original destination for our Sunday Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date