Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chinese Lunch

I had promised to take my sister out to lunch and being a weekday, going to far out was not on the cards. So Park Street would have to do. A short walk down from my office and at the crossing of Free School Street and park Street a decision had to be taken. A quick one it was too, Golden Dragon! Neither of us had been there (well in my case atleast I hadn't been there in more than 15 years) and we wanted to try out the food.

The restuarant is very basic and quite small too. Tables are just about 6 inches from each other in that tight little space which accomodates about 8 odd tables. Anyway, the place seemed to be popular as it was completely occupied and as luch would have it, as we entered, one of the tables got free towards the back.

So we immediatel;y got to the business of ordering our food. Soup to start followed by Hakka Noodles, one jumbo prawn and one pork side dish. To wash it down I ordered a fresh lime soda.

The food was ok and the quantity of noodles seemed alittle less than most chinese eateries, but suited me just fine since I had to get back to my desk at office. I didn't want to stuff myself and then fall asleep in front of my computer, considering the load of work I had and a a deadline to meet.

Our order was as below:

1 (into 2) CHICKEN SWEET CORN SOUP ... RS. 55
1 SPL. MIXED HAKKA CHOWMEIN ... RS. 75
1 CHILLI ROAST PORK ... RS. 79
1 PRAWN GARLIC (5 PCS) ... RS. 160
1 FRESH LIME SODA (SWEET) ... RS. 25
1 SOFT DRINK ... RS. 20

TOTAL ... RS. 414
VAT@12.50% ... 51.57

TOTAL ... RS. 466

So if you want to grab a quick meal for two on a working day, this just might fit the bill.

GOLDEN DRAGON
40, Park Mansion, Park Street,
Kolkata - 700016
Tel: +91 33 22293507

1 comment:

Most Popular Posts till date