Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2010

An Eventful Evening ends with a Decent Meal

Last evening on arriving home, my wife and I encountered a trail of tragedies. First the drain in our kitchen got blocked and the water started flooding the kitchen. It was nearly 9pm and the hopes of getting a plumber were dashed when I called the Colony Gate to inquire if I could get a plumber or anyone who could fix the problem and they told me the best they could do, would be to send someone at 10am the following morning.

Meanwhile, I had headed out to buy some potatoes for the meal we had planned to cook and tragedy struck here too.

I hadn’t got on my bike for a while, and so when I went down and tried starting it, I turned the fuel switch which was in reserve to the on position and it seemed to making a clicking noise and fuel started to pour out from the switch. I turned it back to the reserve position and that solved the problem, well temporarily, I thought to myself, I’ll need to change the switch at the next service. Well the saving grace was that the bike did start, even though I had to kick start it. Well whatever, I was on the way to the market and half way there I got the feeling for some reason that my handle was wobbling. So when I reached the market and the vegetable shop, I checked to see if there was any problem with the handle and that’s when I noticed I had a flat tyre on my front wheel. Anyway I headed home steering the bike carefully and reached home and tried filing the tyre with my handy foot pump which I keep in the car. Well this tyre was a goner. I could hear the air whizzing out of it with every push I gave on the pump.

My wife on the other hand made a call to a friend of hers living in another complex close by and thanks to him, we did finally get someone, but he would take about half an hour to reach us.

So that was the end of cooking.

Well I guess when it rains it pours.

So we decided to get some food delivered. After a lot of deliberation, we decided to try Khawab as we had ordered food from nearly every other eatery in the neighbourhood.

Well the plumber came before the food and set about his work. I wouldn’t want to go into details of what he did, but he saved our house from getting flooded and threw in a repair job on our hot water problem from the geyser. We could shower again and steer clear of that immersion rod we had been using all these days.

Anyway after he had done his stuff, the food arrived and we set about serving ourselves, I went for the paranthas, dal and chicken and that did me in. So I got my wife to pack some of the Biryani left over for lunch. Well these guys don’t seem to have a problem with oil and just let it loose freely on the food. So I would say, if you don’t have too much of an issue with oily food, this is a decent place to order from or even go to and have a cosy sit down meal, because the food is tasty and very very reasonable.

Oh and as usual to keep us entertained another episode of Desperate Housewives. We’re in Season 3 now, having devoured Season 1 & 2 over the past several weeks.

Murg Tikka Masal ... Rs. 62.23
Veg Dal ... Rs. 24.89
Tawa Paratha (3 @ 8.89) ... Rs. 26.67
Aloo Paratha ... Rs. 16.00
Gobi Paratha ... Rs. 19.56
Sabji Biryani ... Rs. 62.23

Total ... Rs. 211.58
VAT @ 12.50% ... RS. 26.45

TOTAL ... Rs. 238.00

Khawab
Ground Floor, Unnayan - The Commercial Complex,
1050/1, Survey Park, Kolkata - 700075
Tel: +91 33 24188105 / +91 9830438306

1 comment:

  1. sounds like some serious new moon/eclipsed double whammy strike on your evening!

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date