Search This Blog

Sunday, January 17, 2010

SJC Old Boys Reunion Dinner

I had been waiting to do this for a while now and since I couldn’t make it to the one that happened last year, I was doubly sure that I wouldn’t miss this year’s St. Joseph’s College Old Boys Reunion Dinner. And was I glad I made it. As we got out of the car, I could already see some familiar faces outside the School Gates. Aamir Baig made sure that he sold me the tickets from his quota right at the gates.

Once inside, I bumped into the first familiar face Francis Lin. Slowly others from my batch of 94 started pouring in. Rajat Kandoi, Punit Popat, Neeraj Dharewa, Rahul Rathi, Nizar Virani, Narendra Parekh, Sunil Gangwani, Sourav Saha, and finally Debdeep Malakar with his family.

The night proceeded with a visit to the bar and a toast to us all being there and after a couple of rounds, talking about all the good old times, we were just overjoyed to still be in touch.

I’m not sure which was the high point of the evening, all of us going on stage and dancing or Nizar’s accomplishment with the help of some senior of completing his handkerchief project which he proudly displayed to all.

I guess nothing beats meeting old friends after years. It just transports one back to the wonder years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date