Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Shaky Feeling

Last night, after a long hard day, we finally decided to watch TV. We hadn’t done that in a couple of days and decided since we had just renewed our annual subscription of TATA SKY (Mega Pack) we might as well start getting our money’s worth.

The TV watching, coupled with being online on Facebook and my Blog, led us to being awake till the wee hours. At half past one, I guess, while I was working on our laptop and my wife was watching TV, the entire bed we were sitting on started to shake. I had my back to my wife and thought she was responsible for the same, trying to get my attention as I had been on the computer a while. Only after a bit, when she asked me why the bed was shaking did I look back and see that she wasn’t the one shaking the bed, but Mother Nature. We looked at each other kind of frozen and then kind of figured it was tremors from an earthquake. We jumped up and went to the balcony. By that time the initial tremors had stopped. Then again there was a quick 2 second tremors that occurred as we watched a couple of lights coming on in some of the apartments.

I guess a few other people felt it too.

This morning found out that it indeed was an earthquake that had its epicentre somewhere near the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date