Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

My First Photoshoot Experience

The highlight of my Sunday drudgery at work was getting to step out and visit the location of a photo-shoot commissioned by me for a new Ad campaign we were going to start soon. The best part was that I was also going to be a part of it in the sense that I was going to be in the shoot.

When I got to the studio, I got to know that the film-star, who was supposed to be the lead in the shoot, was still awaited, so all the models including myself had to sit in on a make-up session which happened rather quickly. Gosh my first make-up session. My first proper photo-shoot with me in it! This was going to be fun.

So the clock kept ticking as we waited. The photographer kept checking the lights and preparing the set or whatever they call it. Huge flash lights kept going off from all directions as he clicked the camera mounted on the tripod and illuminated the entire room. Finally our main model arrived and as she got busy with her make-up, I must say, I was thoroughly impressed at how professional she was. It seemed like clock-work. She knew exactly what was needed and as she was getting her make-up done, she discussed the sequence of shoots and the ensemble and mood required for each of the shots.

I was the second one to go and as I watched the first set of shots happening, I thought to myself, this is no child’s play. Modelling is not as easy as it looks. With each passing shot, I realised how tough it was to capture that perfect shot and the mood, expressions and lighting that was required. The first round took a long time, but finally once it was done, I had to take the stage with the protagonist. Though I was just an accessory in the shot, I realised how difficult it was to get that perfect pose and expression that was required for the shot. Finally after what seemed forever, my takes were done.

All I can say after being in a photo-shoot, is, that if you’re thinking of a career as a model or actor, be ready to slog your butt off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date