Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Swift Kissed by Benz

This morning on my way to work, my swift had the honour of being kissed from behind by a Mercedes Benz. The silver C 200 Kompressor had been following behind my swift for a while. Traffic was crawling and in such traffic, it is imperative that you pay attention to the car in front of you because it is nearly bumper to bumper traffic at that hour.

Anyway a hoarding caught my eye and in that split second that I noticed the car in front had stopped, so I immediately braked; 10kmph to 0 in a split second. Every time I brake thus, I tend to look in the rear view mirror expecting the worst from the car behind. Sure enough as I looked in the side mirror, I noticed the Merc swerving back and his left side fender bumped into the right side tail of my bumper. In that traffic he was trying to make an attempt to overtake me and the instant I braked and he noticed the oncoming traffic from the opposite side, he tried to turn back, but then realised that his space had got cramped as I suddenly stopped.

Bump! And a little crunching sound and I looked in the mirror and there was contact. I lowered the mirror from inside to assess the damage. The bumper had been slightly dislodged from its clamps. It had already been bumped on several occasions in the same spot, so it didn’t look like I had much to worry about. The Merc on the other hand stayed put for a while as I looked in the mirror even after traffic had started to move. His front bumper didn’t even have a scratch. I guess the driver was more in shock than anything.

I on the other hand was quite kicked that my Swift had the honour of finally being kissed in the backside by the Royal Mercedes.

2 comments:

  1. Rohit, unfortunately this only reinforces your point of numerous luxury cars in Calcutta recently. Anyway, you should have the Merc guy pay for your bumper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dislodged bumper...thats more than a kiss on the behind...maybe a nibble...soft bite ;)

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date