Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Kolkata is also a Luxury Car Market

BMW 3 Series and Mitsubishi Pajero 2800 Intercooler TurboOf late, I have noticed a sudden spike in the number of big luxury cars on the streets of Kolkata. My all time favourite being the Mitsubishi Pajero 2800 Intercooler Turbo is among the most common. In addition to this, the number of BMW’s and Mercedes has also gone up. It’s not uncommon to be riding beside one any given day of the week.

Yesterday I as I walked out of my office (Yes I’m working on Sundays too) I saw these two beauties parked on the opposite side of the road. A Mitsubishi Pajero & a BMW 3 Series and most shocking of all, they belonged to the same person. Anyway I thought to myself, “and people say Kolkata doesn’t have money!!!”

Thereafter, my wife and I headed out to have lunch at Fire & Ice, one of our favourite Italian Restaurants. Beer, Garlic Bread and Pasta! What more would one want on a gloomy, rainy Sunday afternoon?

Little Russel Street - Chowringee CrossingAs we were leaving Fire & Ice, and came to the T-Point to get onto the Main Chowringee Road, I couldn’t help but notice how lovely the Vidyasagar Setu looked in the background, way past the Maidan and Race-Course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date