Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Foodie Strikes Again

The weekend was quite dull, save the party on Friday night, which I’d rather not talk about for reasons beyond explanation. But come Monday and I was back with a bang. The target was Eu Chew. So I decided to join the rest of the gang there straight after office. So after work, while I was heading to the business district, I got a call to make a slight detour and meet them at another Chinese eatery on Free School Street. I can’t remember the name as that is not important, as you will realise soon enough. Anyway the reason for the change in plan was because Eu Chew was closed for some strange reason. So Chimney Soup was out. Oh I believe there is still hope at the joint on Free School Street.

So after negotiating the tram tracks on Wellesley Street, just as I was turning on to Free School Street, I got a call again to follow the other car in which the gang was and that we were now going to another place. So we ended up at Bhojohari Manna, Hindustan Park. Well once there what can I say; It Bengali Food Fiesta which included everything possible: dal bhaat, aloo bhaja, biryani, chicken dak bangla, pabda maach, crab and fried fish. Of course the best ever Rasmalai at the end was there to sign off.

Oh and about that second Chinese place, I learned while at Bhojohari that when they got there, they were shocked to see that the building itself in which it was housed had been demolished. So I guess Chinese was just out of luck.

Bhojohari Manna
18/1a, Hindusthan Road,
Kolkata - 700029
Tel: +91-33-24663941, 24667686

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date