Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

A Walk on the Bridge

Since the red “Kazi” has been resurrected, I decided it required some TLC and headed straight for the workshop to give it much needed pampering. A new Battery, spark plug and overhaul of the electrical systems was much in need. So once I rode it there and handed it over to the Service centre for the much needed work, I decided to walk down to Park Circus to catch a cab to office.

The stroll across the No.4 Bridge was quite an eye-opener as I passed the entire Shanty town that occupied one slope of the bridge. As I walked up the pavement over the bridge I looked down each of the alleys created by the little shanties made of waste materials and housing scores of street dwellers. The street was marred with “poo poo” and I had to dodge the morning jobs of many a street dweller. This seemed like a sanitation nightmare. The utter poverty and filth in which these people existed was a rude shock for me.

Anyway once across the bridge I needed to cross the road and since I have been a propagator of using civic amenities provided to us by the authorities decided to use the foot-over-bridge which I had witnessed being erected nearly two years ago. It was quite delightful crossing the bridge and getting a different perspective to the road below which I had used nearly everyday for the past two or more years.

Once on the other side, I hopped into a cab and as I was crossing the Topsia Police Station I noticed the wreck of the Honda Accord. Man that car must’ve been hit by a tank from both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date