Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Chinatown at the crack of dawn

After bidding BIG BOSS Season 2 farewell on Saturday night and watching Ashu win the bizarre TV reality show on Colors, we called it an early night. Sunday morning was an early start. We got up at the crack of dawn and headed out for Chinese Breakfast at China Town. Yes meatball soup and the stuff like that. It’s one of those things that you have to do if you live in or visit Kolkata.

We got there at about 6.30 am and I got straight to the business of clicking some picking in that already buzzing marketplace. Apart from the Chinese fare, there were pakodas and tea coupled with a fish and sabzi market all doing brisk business at that otherwise ungodly hour for me.

Once I had captured some pictures I got down to the business of eating. I came back home and caught some well deserved zzz’s for the rest of the morning. I settled for Dosas in the afternoon.

This Old Chinese Man got really mad at me for clicking pictures of him having a go at that leg of roast pork. So I had to scoot off after clicking just one picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date