Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Buffet Dinner at Eden Pavilion

Last evening I ended up going for dinner to the Eden Pavilion. A slight miscalculation and the original plan of going to the bar "West View" got washed out, but the saving grace was that I liked the coffee shop too.

We decided to start with the salads and I think I tried nearly every one of them on the spread. After that some continental meats did me in. Ofcourse all the while I was knocking back pints of Kingfisher.

Once done we attacked the dessert section. I gave that a pass, but was really impressed with the huge Chocolate Sculptures. I enquired and was told that they were solid chocolate and even the staff there din't have any idea what would become of them at the end of the night.

All the while that we were having dinner, there was a constant flow of people walking up and down the aisle and busy hotel staff moving up and down. Well all this action was due to the famous AC Bayern team that was staying at the hotel and had just got back from their match at Salt Lake stadium where they took the pants off their opponents Mohun Bagan.

The iconic Oliver Kahn handled the ball, all of three times in the entire match. I saw him walk past in a black suit with a long trail of people behind. Other players and officials in uniform were a constant sight throughout.

On the way out after dinner, I realised Kolkata is mad about sport. IPL ho ya Football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date