Search This Blog

Friday, May 02, 2008

The Apartment

Last evening after being engaged for a better part of the evening in some mind blowing work, I needed to go out to unwind. So on my way home I called some people and yippee!! There was a plan. We were meeting up at City Centre. Fact being that it was a Holiday and in all likelihood all the hang out places would be packed. So when I reached City Centre I wasn't surprised first to see it teeming with a mass of humanity and second to get a call to let me know that i was meeting my friends at The Apartment out of sheer want of going to a better place.

Well here is where it turned out to be an assumption of misinformed proportions. We all based our judgements on the fact that we had not heard about the place, heard about the place and heard not so good things about the place, but none of us had been here. So let me set it straight for the record. The Apartment, Rocks!

When I got there my friends had nearly washed down their first round of Kingfisher Pints. Well I came in on the second round and if I remember correctly it went up to about 5 rounds. But between all beers there was some great snacks and food. But the best part about this place is the DJ. The guy was dishing out music from the Disco era and coming right up to the R&B and Hip Hop hits of today. How he went into a Beatles medley and then classics like I will survive and Abba Classics.

The place has a decent sized dance floor and a bar with a high counter while we sat in the back in the cosy lounge seating. We enjoyed the Arc light on top or our table which we could switch on and off by ourselves to get the right kind of ambience. The place also has a gaming corner where you can indulge in some NFS or Soccer on a playstation.

While we were there we got shots poured into our mouths by the staff to get our feedback on a new cocktail they had just created. Good stuff. If you're lucky you might get to experience this wild kind of stuff.

All in all The Apartment was a great experience and will definitely put it on my radar for places to party.

The Apartment
B-302, City Centre
Salt Lake City,
Kolkata - 700064
Tel: +91 33 40063209

1 comment:

  1. Hey man. Sounds like you guys had a good time. Keep it up. Good to hear that new places have opened in the city

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date