Search This Blog

Monday, May 05, 2008

BB's, I'll be back

Last evening I really needed to get some grub after a dreadful afternoon spent watching a movie called TASHAN at 89 Cinemas, Swabhumi. The saving grace was that we were out of the heat and in the comfort of the AC hall. But that still doesn’t take away from the fact that I have been scarred for life after watching a film like TASHAN. Anyway after some lukhagiri at City Centre and not wanting to stand in line to get into KFC, we ended up driving past BB’s on our way to Azad Hind Dhaba in Salt Lake.

I must thank my stars and good fortune that I decided to duck into this place at Millennium City. It looks like a very basic family eatery and so it is. But only when I went through the menu card that I realised that it had a lot of depth in terms of the kinds of cuisines on offer. It had been a while since I had indulged in Thai food. Infact after coming back from Bangkok & Pattaya a while ago, I didn’t want to look at Thai food. But that had died down and the menu did have what seemed to be the promise of authentic Thai Food. So we jumped at the Thai Chicken Green Curry, Thai Mixed Fried Rice and Chilli Basil Chicken. Of course we had some Chicken Hot & Sour Soup before that, which believe you me, was Hot. The Thai food was authentic and just transported me back to the Pattaya Hill where I had tasted Thai Fried Rice for the first time.

I can vouch that I am coming back here to taste some of the other cuisines thought the service leaves a little more to be desired. If it lived up to the quality of the food, the place would get a Five Rating in my little culinary black book.

BB's Restaurant
DN-62, Millennium City,
Sector V, Salt Lake,
Kolkata - 700091
Tel: +91 (33) 50061999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date