Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Work Hard, Party Harder

Yesterday I had to go into work and gallivant about town to get a whole lot of stuff done. Anyway in the midst of that while driving through the middle of the city I came upon the famed HIND Cinema. The building was under renovation or then it’s quite possible that it’s being torn down and we could get another multiplex or shopping mall there. After crossing the Hind Cinema I came upon the famed Wellington Square and had to drive through some wining roads to get back to Park Street. These one way streets are quite painful if you are in a hurry to get from one place to another. On wrong turn and you could go dizzy trying to get back on track to get to your destination?

Anyway the end of the day warranted some hardcore partying and so we headed out to Some Place Else. I was quite annoyed that I couldn’t get valet parking for the first time. So I managed to maneuver into a tight parking spot right outside the hotel on the opposite side of the road. Once we strolled in we realised the cause for such a multitude of people. People had thronged to The Park to catch a glimpse of The Kings XI Punjab Cricket team. They were staying at the Park and were scheduled to make an appearance at Tantra. Ness and Priety were there too, not that I saw them, but one of my friends said I was blind because Ness walked right past me, while I was engaged in conversation with my friend Q in the lobby.

Anyway I entered Some Place Else to the familiar sound of the whining Guitar. Jayanta was swinging with the Saturday Night Blues band and as the night unfolded, they also had a special guest all the way from Australia who came up and did a superb rendition of “Mustang Sally”. Her name was Dianne and she got the crowd swinging. Later on The Band also dedicated a song to one of the Bartenders “Rakesh” for the splendid job he was doing night after night.

The band played on till 1.30 am and then we left and decided to pop into ROXY. We met up with some more friends there and were witness to some eye-popping, mind blowing and shocking moves by a young lady on the dance floor. We called it a night immediately and headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date