Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finger Lickin Good Biryani

A couple of days ago I had a not so customary outing and needed to be out on the streets of Kolkata practically the entire day. Fortunately it was in an Air-conditioned car (I think I’ve become a spoilt brat). Anyway all that roaming around needed some fuel and we decided to make a lunch stop at Arsalan at the Park Circus 7 Point Crossing. I wasn’t too keen on Arsalan as I had a preconceived blind block towards their Biryani based on one visit there over a year and a half ago. Well that time it was late in the night after a serious session of drinking. So I didn’t really think their Biryani was that great?

Good for me that I was outnumbered in choice and out of time really, so we ended up going to Arsalan. Two Mutton Biryanis, One Chicken Biryani, two Mutton Rizalas and 3 cold drinks were ordered. The food came to us in a jiffy. Wow that was some helping of Biryani. The plate was nearly overflowing at the edges. The chicken in the biryani and the potato were also tasty. The Rizala sealed the deal and after I washed it all down with a Pepsi, Arsalan is back on my list of places to eat out at.

(I’m not adding the fact that I was stuffed and that in typical Bengali style after a meal such as this, “Ghoom” (nap) would be lovely but I had the entire second half of the day and work at hand ahead of me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date