Search This Blog

Monday, June 09, 2008

Am Back

Well before I start telling you about my long hiatus from here and the fun I've been having over the past fortnight, here's a picture I clicked the night before I went on vacation. It was a stormy night and usual gusts of wind were blowing a lot of hoardings away. Well that’s the hoardings we know of today; the ones where a printed flex sheet is mounted on a scaffold frame.

In days gone by and not so long ago, hoardings used to be painted. Artworks were given to painters and they painted the entire communication on that large tin sheet on the structure. The rains had caused one such hoarding to be revealed and that’s the picture; the Red FM Launch Campaign in Kolkata.

I’m just trying to imagine how many artists have been put out of work due to this modern way of putting up outdoor communications.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Hi Rohit, its Anand(Nimit's Friend). Found your blog through Nimit's facebook. I have not been in Kolkata for years. Your blog gives me a good idea of how things are there. Seems like many things have changed since I was there last, for the better. I am planning to visit Kolkata as well on my way back to Delhi and hopefully rediscover Kolkata and my bengali roots again. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts till date