Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

How was your day today?

Well I’m sure all of us married people get this question asked of us and we ask our better halves the same at the end of the day “How was your day today?”

Well on this particular day I had a hilarious story to narrate to my wife. Well I don’t know if it’s something one should blog about, but I just think it deserves a place in the recorded history of my life.

So I got into office in a hurry today and had to go to the loo there. So I went to the loo and locked it from inside, obviously!!!

Finished with sitting on the pot and when the time came to get out, the lock handle went free and I couldn't open the door. I was locked in. I had very little time to act, my mobile phone battery was dying on me and I had been hearing the constant beep all the way driving to office. So I immediately called Kabir (office Admin person) on my mobile and told him of the situation and told him to send the electrician with a screw driver. So he sent him, well not before he told the entire office that I was locked in the toilet.

The electrician came with an entourage and he opened the lock thingy from outside while there was running commentary from the rest of the people outside. I just told him to pass me the screwdriver from under the door so that I could unscrew the hinges on the lock and let myself out. When he realised nothing was going to be possible from the outside, he finally did.

In 30 seconds I unscrewed the hinges and came out.

When I finally came out of the men’s room, people were all asking me how I was et al; as though I had just survived a 'Kandahar" situation.

While I narrated the story my wife couldn’t stop laughing at the hilarious start to my day. And I kept thinking to myself, I’m sure you didn’t expect that story at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date