Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

'Men At Work' make people stop on the Street

Well I'm not talking about the singing 'men at work', but the actual labourers sweating it out on a sweltering afternoon on Park Street laying electricity cables. Well this particular scene caught my fancy as I stood on the pavement devouring an Egg Chicken Roll. I noticed how people who were walking briskly with purpose would suddenly stop join the group observing intently these guys working on and electricity junction box. Each one looking carefully as though they doubted those thick cables could be bent and attached to the terminals in the junction box and so had to see if it was possible for themselves.

Some stood for a couple of minutes and then moved on, some stood there all the while that I spent on the roll which was followed by a coke. So I finally clicked a few pictures on my mobile phone before I left.

Somewhere I thought to myself as I walked back to my office building, its not possible for any city in the world to say its all done; there will always be digging and building and demolition and repair work.

I guess its all part of the daily life in a city.

I just wonder how many people actually stop by to watch and appreciate the ‘Men at Work’ that make all our great cities better places to live in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts till date